Exploring Apple iPad: iPadOS 15 Edition: The Illustrated, Practical Guide to Using your iPad (Paperback)
We've all been there before, glaring at a screen with no idea what to do - don't worry Exploring iPad is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Exploring iPad is packed with easy to follow instructions, photos, full color illustrations, helpful tips, and video demos.
Updated to cover the iPadOS 15 update, Exploring Apple iPad will help you get to grips with the fundamentals of your iPad and will help you:
- Upgrade your iPad to iPadOS 15
- Set up your iPad, secure it with Touch ID and Face ID
- Discover new features of iPadOS 15 on iPad
- Find your way around your iPad's home screen, dock, menus, widgets and icons
- Navigate with touch gestures such as tap, drag, pinch, spread and swipe
- Multi-task with slide over, split view, and drag & drop
- Use control centre, lock screen, notifications, handoff and airplay
- Use Apple Pencil to draw, annotate, and take notes on your iPad
- Get to know Siri, voice dictation, and recording voice memos
- Communicate with email, FaceTime, and Messages
- Watch a movie or listen to music together with SharePlay
- Set important appointments with Calendar on iPad
- Keep the people you correspond with in the Contacts app
- Set yourself reminders and 'to-do' lists
- Use digital touch, and peer-to-peer payments
- Browse the web with Safari web browser safely and efficiently
- Take, enhance, and share photos and video
- Organise your photos in the Photos app, create little movies in iMovie
- Catch up with your favourite podcasts and the latest news
- Stream music with Apple Music, buy tracks & albums from iTunes Store
- Stream TV programs & movies with the Apple TV App
- Use Files App to access your files from anywhere
- Find your way around with the Maps App, get directions, create guides, explore places in 3D
- Accessorise your iPad with covers, keyboards, AirPods and headphones
- Setup and use Apple Pay, and more...
In addition, you will learn how to make the most of the new features of iPadOS 15 with clear explanations and video demos to help you along the way.
Finally, system updates, backups, and general housekeeping tips complete this invaluable guide. You'll want to keep this edition handy as you explore your iPad.
We want to create the best possible resource to help you, so if we've missed anything out then please get in touch using [email protected] and let us know. Thanks.