Militant A.I.s, virtual realities, augmented realities and alternative realities; a city where murderers stalk the streets, where drug lords rule from the shadows, and where large sections of the population are locked in time stasis, but where tea is still sipped in caf's on the corner and the past still resonates with the future...
Thirteen stories that look to the future of this diverse, multi-faceted city, that invite the reader to consider different perspectives. Stories that draw you in to possible tomorrows and suggest what may lie just beyond the city's ever-changing skyline.
Neal Asher opens the anthology with a story set in his Polity Universe, Dave Hutchinson gives us a novelette from his Fractured Universe milieu, Jeremy Szal takes us to the world of his debut novel Stormblood, M.R. Carey, Aliette de Bodard, Geoff Ryman, Aliya Whiteley and a cast of equally talented writers transport us to Londons near and far...
1. Introduction by Ian Whates
2. Skin - Neal Asher
3. The Good Shepherd - Stewart Hotston
4. Infinite Tea in the Demara Caf - Ida Keogh
5. War Crimes - M.R. Carey
6. Fog and Pearls at the King's Cross Junction - Aliya Whiteley
7. Nightingale Floors - Dave Hutchinson
8. Something Went Wrong in Heaven - Geoff Ryman
9. A Visit in Whitechapel - Eugen Bacon
10. Herd Instinct - Fiona Moore
11. Death Aid - Joseph Elliott-Coleman
12. A Dance of Dust and Life - Aliette de Bodard
13. Commute - Andrew Wallace
14. Scream in Blue - Jeremy Szal
15. About the Authors