Lonely Planet Tanzania (Paperback)
#1 best-selling guide to Tanzania*
Lonely Planet Tanzania is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch East Africa's greatest natural dramas play out on the Serengeti plains, sip sundowners near Mt Kilimanjaro, or explore the narrow alleyways of Zanzibar; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tanzania and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Tanzania Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, religion, art, music, dance, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine
- Over 50 maps
- Covers of Dar es Salaam, Mt Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the Zanzibar Archipelago, Stone Town, Lake Victoria, the Serengeti Plains, Selous Highlands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Tanzania, our most comprehensive guide to Tanzania, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet East Africa guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Mary Fitzpatrick, Stuart Butler, Anthony Ham, Paula Hardy.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Tanzania. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, December 2013 to November 2014