The Bach Violin Sonatas & Partitas for Guitar: In Standard Notation and Tablature (Paperback)
The complete six Sonatas and Partitas for solo Violin (BWV 1001-1006) by Johann Sebastian Bach transcribed for guitar in standard notation and tablature.
Composed between 1714 and 1720 but not published until 1802, Bach's Sonatas and Partitas are an essential part of the violin repertoire, and they are frequently performed and recorded.
The pieces often served as archetypes for solo violin pieces by later generations of composers.
- Sonata No.1 in G minor BWV 1001
- Partita No.1 in B minor BWV 1002
- Sonata No.2 in A minor BWV 1003
- Partita No.2 in D minor BWV 1004
- Sonata No.3 in C major BWV 1005
- Partita No.3 in E major BWV 1006
Bonus: Downloadable audio files for all the pieces in this book.