Fodor's Essential England (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to dine in London, marvel at Stonehenge, or explore the Cotswolds, the local Fodor's travel experts in England are here to help Fodor's Essential England guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
Fodor's "Essential" guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020
Fodor's Essential England travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 60 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "What to Eat and Drink in England," "England's Best Museums," "England's Best Royal Sites," "The Best Literary Experiences in England," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "The Tower of London", "Mysterious Stonehenge", "Glorious English Gardens", "Hiking in the Lake District", and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: London, Bath, Cambridge, the Cotswolds, Liverpool, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Manchester, Stonehenge, York, Oxford, Cornwall, and more.
Planning on visiting the rest of Great Britain? Check out Fodor's Essential Great Britain, Fodor's London, and Fodor's Essential Scotland.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us