Moon Denver, Boulder & Colorado Springs: Getaways, Outdoor Recreation, Bites & Brews (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Flexible itineraries, like a week exploring Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs and day trips to nearby ski resorts and Rocky Mountain National Park
- The top outdoor adventures: Go rafting on the Cache La Poudre river, rock-climb in the Flatirons, or hike slickrock trails to stunning mountain vistas. Ski the fresh powder at Loveland or Winter Park and relax with an après-ski drink
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Check out a new exhibit at the Denver Art Museum, catch a performance under the open sky at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, or explore the Wild West at the Museum of the American Cowboy
- The best local flavors: Indulge in the offerings of a farm-to-table restaurant, try gourmet treats at a buzzing public market, or chat with locals over a delicious microbrew
- Honest advice from Denver local and lifelong adventurer Mindy Sink on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling throughout Colorado
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Focused coverage of Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Golden, and the east side of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history
Exploring beyond the Mile-High City? Try Moon Colorado. Sticking to the park? Pick up Moon Rocky Mountain National Park.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Mindy explores Denver with her husband Mike and their daughter Sophie as much as possible. Whether riding bikes, visiting museums, hiking, or dining out, she is always thinking of the story she will tell about her experiences.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times