Beds: Nine Outstanding Projects by One of America's Best (Step-By-Step Furniture) (Paperback)
A bed is one of the most significant pieces of furniture in most homes, ranking with the dining table as a major purchase or project. Jeff Miller, winner of the 1998 Stanley Award for best woodworking book (Chairmaking & Design, now out of print), offers nine attractive bed projects accessible to woodworkers of any skill level.
In Beds, youll find step-by-step projects for a small bed, a Shaker-style bed, a Craftsman-style bed, a pencil-post bed, a plywood platform bed, a Windsor chairinspired bed, a modern 'city' bed, a sleigh bed, and a bunk bed. Youre sure to find more than one project that will inspire you.
Miller provides you with:
- Clear step-by-step instructions to build each bed
- Cut lists that make it easy to get each bed started
- Exploded and measured drawings that show every detail
- A chapter on general construction strategies for building any bed design
- A wide range of jigs for mortising, tenoning, and other common tasks
- Four-color photography throughout, with photos of completed projects