Building Spelling Skills, Grade 1 Teacher Edition (Paperback)
In Building Spelling Skills Daily Practice, Grade 1, students will learn five spelling words per week in lists 1-14; then eight words per week in lists 15-30 (198 total). One or two sentences for dictation are provided for each list.
Spelling lists include the following:
- short and long vowel words
- adding s and es
- words with sh, nt, nd
- sounds of ow, ar, aw, oa
- present and past tense words
Practice pages for each unit include the following:
- a spelling list with spaces to read, write, and spell each word
- a configuration puzzle for every spelling list
- word sorting
- word meaning (filling in missing spelling words in sentences)
- exercises to find the misspellings and hidden words
Reproducible forms include:
- spelling record form
- individual spelling record
- spelling test form
- spelling list form
- word sort form
- parent letter
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key. This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.