Examples & Explanations for Civil Procedure (Paperback)
With this ninth edition of Civil Procedure: Examples & Explanations, Joseph Glannon's uniquely entertaining style teaches and engages students in all aspects of the first-year Civil Procedure course.
Accessible introductions and explanations combined with a proven pedagogy in the popular Examples & Explanations format that is effective for learning and applying the fundamental concepts and rules covered in the Civil Procedure course.
New to the Ninth Edition:
- A chapter that covers the full range of proper bases for personal jurisdiction (Prior editions only covered minimum contacts jurisdiction but a chapter covering the landscape is overdue)
- The new chapter includes discussion and examples applying the new approach to specific personal jurisdiction recognized by the Supreme Court in Ford Motor Company v. Montana Eight Judicial District Court, decided in 2021
- Updated case references
- Updated citations
- Incorporation of new rule changes
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Glannon's excellent reputation as the best-selling author of his Civil Procedure E&E, his Torts E&E, and the first book in The Glannon Guide Series, The Glannon Guide to Civil Procedure
- Covers all aspects of the first-year Civil Procedure course including difficult areas of res judicata, collateral estoppel, and personal and subject matter jurisdiction
- Examples progress gradually from simple to challenging to build students' confidence
- Numerous visual aids, including diagrams, charts, and documents