DK Eyewitness Egypt (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Egypt is your in-depth guide to the very best of the oldest tourist destination on Earth.
Take day trips and excursions to see ancient pyramids, visit the monuments of the Nile Valley and the souks, mosques and madrassas of Islamic Cairo, experience local festivals and markets, and don't miss out on the delicious street food.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Egypt.• Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
• Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
• Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
• Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
• Area maps marked with sights.
• Detailed city map of Cairo includes street finder indexes for easy navigation.
• Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
• Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Egypt truly shows you this country as no one else can.
Recommended: For a pocket guidebook to Cairo, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Cairo & the Nile, which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time in the city.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer