Show Your Worth: 8 Intentional Strategies for Women to Emerge as Leaders at Work (Hardcover)
Delivering must-have tools to harness the power of intention and strategy to accelerate career success--tailor-made for women who are underrepresented in their fields.
If you're a woman, especially a woman of color, you know this already: You face unique challenges and obstacles as you work to scale the corporate ladder. From not seeing other faces in the room that look like you to dealing with the stereotypes and (often unconscious) biases in the workplace, you may know what to do to succeed, but not how to get it done in this environment. Show Your Worth shows you how.
In pages that are both inspirational and practical, Shelmina Babai Abji speaks directly to professional women--especially women of color--about how the power of being intentional and strategic can help transform the headwinds you face into much-needed tailwinds.
Show Your Worth takes you on a deep dive into the 8 Intentional Strategies that will help you achieve success, including:
- Success: Define what success means to you
- Attention: Develop your Personal Success Plan
- Work/Life Balance: Achieve work-life balance in our disrupted world
- Value Creation: Overcome fear, find your voice, and contribute at your maximum capacity
- Growth: Seek relevant and meaningful growth
- Relationships: Connect meaningfully with first-line managers, peers, mentors, and sponsors
- Leadership Branding: Build and preserve your reputation as a leader
- Promotions: Be strategic about earning a promotion