Inspired by Country: An Artist's Journey Back to Nature Landscape Painting with Gouache (Paperback)
Celebrate your creativity, be inspired by Country, and learn the essential elements of painting Country with gouache.
Journey back to nature to Springbrook National Park where Marji Hill, Australian artist and author of more than 65 publications, introduces the concept of plein air painting using the most versatile, daring and expressive of mediums - gouache.
- Be introduced to the qualities of gouache, its history, its versatility and the tool kit for painting outdoors
- Master the art of painting compelling outdoor compositions to create beautifully expressive subjects and themes
- Learn from this hands-on guide the time-honoured techniques of painting with gouache
- Escape day-to-day existence and experience mindfulness at its best
- Journey into Australia's antiquity with a snapshot of how Indigenous Australians responded to Country through art and ceremony
Richly informative, beautifully illustrated with Marji's own paintings. Perfect for all artists who want to paint in the open air. It's for those who want to understand that art making outdoors in Australia springs not only from an Impressionist tradition but from Australian antiquity as well.
Be inspired by Country, appreciate its historical and cultural implications, and experience it beyond the simple visual perspective.