Mammoth from the Inside: The Honest Guide to Mammoth and the Eastern Sierra (Paperback)
Make the Most of Mammoth & the Eastern Sierra
The popularity of Mammoth Lakes and environs--June Lake, Bishop and the rest of the Eastern Sierra--is booming more than ever. Mammoth From the Inside is the first and only comprehensive guidebook to these popular destinations. It is full of honest, trustworthy, often witty, in-the-know advice and reviews of the best places to stay, camp, eat, ski, snowboard, hike, fish, bike and play in this mountain paradise. You'll also get loads of great tips: where to rent and buy gear, how to find a babysitter, where to find a romantic cabin, how to avoid speeding tickets on the 395, where to get a good massage, how to prevent altitude sickness, where to find the best margarita and much, much more.
Just some of the essential information in Mammoth from the Inside:
- How to make the most of crowded holiday ski weekends
- The best condos, cabins and motels for all price ranges
- Memorable summertime hikes, from easy strolls to adventurous climbs
- The top ten sights in the Eastern Sierra
- The dos & don'ts of ski and snowboard school
- Mammoth's best restaurants, coffeehouses and happy hours
- Great places to sled, kayak, fish, snowshoe, bike, climb, hike, hunt for wildflowers...or doze by a lake
- The best secret runs on Mammoth and June mountains
- Good eats on Highway 395
"A crisp, clear and eminently readable book--I can't quibble with a word in it "
--Andrea Mead Lawrence, Olympic skier and Eastern Sierra preservationist