Mindful Hypnotherapy: The Basics for Clinical Practice (Paperback)
This is a comprehensive guide to the basics of Mindful Hypnotherapy (MH), a new modality that delivers a mindfulness-based intervention within a hypnotic context. The book encompasses everything a clinician needs to know to fully understand and apply the approach in clinical practice. The result of a collaboration between a leader in the field of hypnosis and a mindfulness meditation expert, the book elucidates step-by-step clinical strategies and provides verbatim transcripts that professionals can put to use immediately.
The resource first introduces the foundations of mindful hypnotherapy, supported by research evidence. Using a session-by-session approach, it describes how to structure sessions, evaluate a patient's hypnotic ability, deal with resistance, and create individualized clinical applications.
- Embodies an innovation collaboration between a leader in hypnosis and a mindfulness expert
- Delivers verbatim transcripts of mindful hypnotherapy for immediate use
- Provides guidance on structuring sessions, setting goals, assessing hypnotic ability, dealing with resistance, and creating individualized treatment
- Guides the clinician in addressing specific psychological issues such as stress, anxiety, and well-being
- A Mindful Self-Hypnosis Daily Practice Log enables therapists to track progress
- Abundant case examples illuminate the process of mindful hypnotherapy and present real-life treatment interventions for a range of problems
- Includes guidelines for formulation of hypnotic suggestions and therapeutic metaphors related to mindfulness
- Provides an overview of training and personal growth as a mindful hypnotherapist