Introduction to Photonics and Laser Physics with Applications (Hardcover)
Lasers are ubiquitous-from deep space communication to lab on the chip to supermarket product scanning. Although they form an integral part of optics & photonics and extensively used in research areas of science and technology to create multibillion dollar industries, the progress in severely limited in the subcontinent due to lack of experimental training in this field. The need of the hour is to have a self-sufficient book containing laser-related concepts readily available to beginners. The book is written keeping undergraduate and graduate students in mind to possibly serve as a textbook. It is also aimed to provide fundamental reference material on ultrafast lasers and photonics for researchers in the field of optics and bioengineering.
- Proposed book deals with the basics of lasers.
- Contains a chapter dedicated to the required spectroscopy and the one for the line broadening mechanisms.
- Special emphasis on the phenomena related to modern ultrafast lasers, and their applications.
- Sufficient mathematics, instead of details have been given to be able to understand the topic by the reader.
- Basics of lasers, ultrafast lasers, Q-switching and modelocking, characterisation techniques of ultrafast pulses, four wave mixing, semiconductor and fibre lasers, high harmonic generation.